At Detox Pai we use only the finest natural herbal supplements for our detox programs, and fresh, organic fruits and vegetables for our juices, many grown right here in our own gardens. The person running the detox program has received extensive formal education in both western medicine and alternative healing and therapies, and has had over twenty-five years of experience with fasting techniques and ridding the body of toxins. Ongoing communication and monitoring ensures the safest, most comfortable and effective experience.
We recommend that you combine some meditation with your detox programs. To assist you we have written an excellent book that should be all that you need to add meditation to your program. If you would like to have a guide/teacher to take your meditation to another level then please let us know and for a small extra fee we will provide an experienced meditation teacher from the Open Mind Centre in Pai. Contact Us for this added feature.
The daily detox programs & schedule is as follows:
- When you arrive, you will begin your fast by taking an herbal laxative to clear your intestines of all fecal matter.
- After total evacuation, you start drinking alternatively herbal teas and freshly pressed fruit or vegetable juices.
Daily (except the last day)
- Wake up and drink water or tea with detoxifying herbs. Get some light exercise by walking around our lovely grounds to get your blood circulating and to enjoy the fresh mountain air.
- 8:00 Stretching exercises in your room (as explained in a separate handout). Take a walk to promote blood circulation and lymph activity.
- 9:30 Fruit, vegetable or herbal juices made with a cold-press juicer. During this time we will discuss the detox programs and answer any questions you might have.
- 3:00 Colonic enema.
- 5:00 Fruit, vegetable or herbal juices made with a cold-press juicer. More time for discussion and to answer any questions about your detox programs.
- 10:00 this is the ideal time to sleep during a fast. While fasting, it is important to respect your body and provide it with plenty of sleep and relaxation.
Same as the daily schedules except you can begin a transition diet: Drink plenty of water for breakfast, take whole fruit for lunch and have boiled or steamed vegetables for dinner.
Check out is at 12:00 pm.
Upon returning home it is advised to eat a transition diet of fruits and vegetables for several days. Foods composed of sugar, proteins, fats or oils should be avoided for at least as long as the fast itself. Do not drink any liquids for at least 30 minutes before any meal, and after every meal drink within 15 minutes and then do not drink anything for at least two hours. Keep in mind that you do not want to dilute your digestive fluids while digesting.